- Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering
- Location: Khumbu Himal, Nepal, Asia
- Entry/Exit: Lukla (Solu Khumbu)
- Season: Winter, Spring & Autumn
Highlights Impressive mountains in the world, not for it's altitude, but for it's beauty, aesthetics and the pure exposure encountered high on it's flanks.
Ama Dablam is known as one of the most impressive mountains in the world, not for it's altitude, but for it's beauty, aesthetics and the pure exposure encountered high on it's flanks. Most parties attempt the SW ridge, climbing expedition style, fixing ropes, ferrying loads, and acclimatizing slowly. The mountain has gained in popularity over the past 8 years. It's common to encounter high altitude Everest veterans having problems with the technical difficulties encountered on the crux pitches of this climb.
The climb feels like a 5.8 - 5.9 depending on conditions but it's really hard to say because I have always worn plastic boots, and all the climbing is above 6000M. I would have to recommend allowing 5 weeks for this expedition, taking into consideration bad weather, sickness, and multiple summit attempts.
Information about how the peak gets its name
Mother and her Necklace , Mother's Charm Box , Mother's Jewel Box
""Ama" means mother, grandmother or even world. "Dablam" means charm box, and is a special pendant worn by elder Sherpa women that holds precious items. The mountain has a hanging glacier that resembles a dablam and the two extending ridges are outstreched like a maternal embrace."
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel. OR
Day 02: Free in Kathmandu optional kathmandu city sightseeing, Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Official works for expedition and briefing by officer of Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04: Kathmandu – Lukla by flight then trek to Phakding. Teahouse Lodge
Day 05: Phakding – Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge
Day 06: Namche – Acclimatization & rest. Teahouse Lodge
Day 07: Namche Bazar – Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge
Day 08: Thyangboche – Ama Dablam Base Camp. Tented Camp
Day 09-25: Climbing period for Ama Dablam expedition. Tented Camping.
Day 26: Ama Dablam Base camp – Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge
Day 27: Thyangboche – Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge
Day 28: Namche Bazaar – Phakding. Teahouse Lodge
Day 29: Phakding – Lukla then transfer to Khumbu Resort.Teahouse Lodge
Day 30: Early flight back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel Overnight.
Day 31: Free leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 32:Departure, transfer to airport for your onward.
Day 01 : Arrival Kathmandu
Day 02 : Kathmandu
Day 03 : Prepared Expedition & Briefing in Ministry of Tourism
Day 04 : Lukla and trek to Phakding - Lodge
Day 05 : Namche Bazaar - Lodge
Day 06 : Namche -Acclimatization - Lodge
Day 07 : Namche -Thyanboche Monastery Lodge
Day 08 : Thyanboche to Dingboche - Lodge
Day 09 : Dingboche - Chhukumg - Island peak base camp - camping
Day 10 : High Camp of Island Peak - camping
Day 11 : Summit Island peak & come back Base camp & Chukkum - lodge
Day 12 : Chuhkum to Ama Dablam Base camp - camping
Day 13-28 : Climbing period for Ama Dablam - Camping
Day 29 : Base camp - Namche -Lodge
Day 30 : Namche - Phakding -Lodge
Day 31 : Phakding - Lukla - Lodge
Day 32 : Fly Lukla - Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 33 : Kathmandu
Day 34 : Kathmandu
Day 35 : Final Departures
- Airport transportation
- Trekking Registration Certificate (TRC) fee
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax
- Everest summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa per 02 members)
- Everest Expedition peak permit fee and all government taxes
- National Park Entrance fees
- Khumbu Ice fall route fees
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Everest
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose;
- High Altitude New member and Sherpa tent EPI gas and burner for high climb; Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC)
- All necessary climbing Everest hardware group equipment Satellite Phone in case of emergency
- Airfare: To & from your country.
- Nepal entry visa and Re-entry visa fees (Can be obtained at the airport on upon arrival).
- International airport departure tax.
- Personal local transportation in Kathmandu except above mentioned programs.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- High altitude food, fuel Gas & stove above base camp.
- Major meals: Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- All Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Air Ticket: Jomsom/Pokhara with domestic airport tax and cargo fees.
- Air Ticket: Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu with domestic airport tax and cargo fees.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and
- emergency evacuation.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Oxygen, Mask & regulator.
- Climbing Sherpa.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road. Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Walkie-Talkie. permit, Radio Permit, Satellite phone permit, Extra Porter or Yak: Per Porter US $ 10 and US $ 14 per Yak's will be charged if luggage is over 40 KG.
- Summit bonus US $ 500 for climbing guide (Sherpa). (if required by climbers)
- Tips for Nepalese crews, etc.
Note: Garbage Deposit: US $ 2000 (sharing with all total of the expedition climbers) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the climbers don’t take back their garbage to BC.
How this trip makes a difference!
Every booking you make creates a donation. Ghale Treks is a proud supporter of Creative Hands a social welfare organization. We send part of your service charge to Creative Hands who support worthy causes in poorer communities. Your money will go to education, disabled or physically challenged people, street children, victims, and those living in rural and remote areas of Nepal. Read more about the great work that Creative Hands do and where your donation goes here: http://www.creativehands.org.np
Ask A Question About This Tour
Need Immediate Assistance?
Call us at: 977-1-4411001
You might also like...
Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering Location: Khumbu Himal, Nepal, Asia Entry/Exit: Lukla (Solu K ...
Starts from 6000 US$ for 32 Day(s)
Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering Location: Nepal, Asia Entry/Exit:Besi Shahar, Exit: Beni Baza ...
Starts from 25000 US$ for 40 Day(s)
Duration: 40 days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 23,389 feet Location: Nepal, Asia Entry/Ex ...
Starts from 4000 US$ for 35 Day(s)
Duration: 45 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 8157m Location: Pokhara, Nepal, Asia Entry ...
Starts from 20000 US$ for 45 Day(s)
Duration: 60 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 29,035 feet Location: Nepal, Khumbu or Chi ...
Starts from 40000 US$ for 60 Day(s)
Duration: 51 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 29,035 feet Location: Nepal, Kanchenjunga ...
Starts from 30000 US$ for 60 Day(s)
Duration: 45 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 2834m Location: Nepal, Kanchenjunga Region ...
Starts from 6000 US$ for 45 Day(s)
Duration: 45 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 2834m Location: Makalu-Barun, Nepal/Tibet, ...
Starts from 6000 US$ for 50 Day(s)
Duration: 55 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 26,758 feet Location: Manaslu, Nepal/Tibet ...
Starts from 5500 US$ for 55 Day(s)
Duration: 37 Days Grade & Elevation: Mountaineering, 7169m Location: Manaslu, Nepal/Tibet, Asia ...
Starts from 4500 US$ for 35 Day(s)